2022 will be a banner year for Unidentified Aerial Phenomena

At the beginning of 2021, my take on the UFO debate was in line with the rest of mainstream society.

Flying Saucers and aliens on Earth were interesting memes but couldn’t possibly be true accounts. We haven’t detected any signs of life so far. And since the universe is so mind-bogglingly large, and it is physically impossible to travel faster than light (FTL), we must be alone in the universe, end of story. Now, looking back, I am surprised how closed minded that line of thinking was.

I mean somehow, simultaneously, I believed that the universe was so vast, so large, so full of untold billions of mysteries, that we couldn’t possibly hope to understand it, and yet at the same time I knew that nothing could go faster than the speed of light.

We find new information about the universe and our place in it DAILY. The only constant since the start of the industrial revolution has been mind-blowing progress and change. Newtonian physics revolutionised our understanding of nature. Quantum physics revolutionised our understanding of nature. The next physics will undoubtedly revolutionise our understanding of nature.

This has always been the case, why should I expect anything different? Because I’m special? Basically. Yes.

No real certainty

And then 2021 happened. This past year the US Government not only admitted that the three leaked Navy videos were real, but also that encounters with Unidentified Aerial Phenomena were occurring almost daily off the Eastern US Coast. Many people in government are saying openly that extraterrestrial life can’t be ruled out. This would mean many UFO sightings of the past were possibly real. What about Roswell? Rendlesham Forest? All the other hundreds of cases?

Going into 2022, the only real certainty is there are certainly many things we don’t know. The only limitation to human endeavors appears to be our own imagination, or lack there-of. And to be honest I am much happier and optimistic for the future to be released of that closed minded way of thinking.

Consider dark energy and dark matter. Currently there is no such thing as dark energy or dark matter. These two hypothetical nouns are place-holders for observable evidence that our science doesn’t yet understand. They are the X’s we are still trying to define.

This is how CERN describes dark matter and dark energy:

“Galaxies in our universe seem to be achieving an impossible feat. They are rotating with such speed that the gravity generated by their observable matter could not possibly hold them together; they should have torn themselves apart long ago. The same is true of galaxies in clusters, which leads scientists to believe that something we cannot see is at work. They think something we have yet to detect directly is giving these galaxies extra mass, generating the extra gravity they need to stay intact. This strange and unknown matter was called “dark matter” since it is not visible.” https://home.cern/science/physics/dark-matter

And by the way, this “something we have yet to detect directly” accounts for 95 percent of the observable universe. 95 percent! I would take those odds any day. Meaning everything we can detect right now is only 5 percent of what we are observing. I would not take those odds.

There is still so much we don’t understand. Here is a final statement from Carl Sagan in the Rolling Stones review. He was asked how he approaches a field so riddled with unknowns and speculations: “The only way is experimental. I just don’t think you can sit down and think and get rid of all that accumulation of prejudices and fantasies. The way our minds think is the result of millions of years of evolution — hunting and gathering food, shinnying up trees, mating, building fires and all the rest of it. The way we think hasn’t been optimized for confronting intelligence elsewhere, because we’ve never had to. So I just don’t expect that we’re going to make much progress by pure thought. The way we make the progress is to make the confrontation. Let’s get the extraterrestrial message and then very carefully and very slowly try to come to grips with it.”


Many people are saying that they are getting the message but no one believes them. Could this be possible? I would give it a 95 percent chance.

On my YouTube channel titled “Chris Lehto.” I have a video that presents a hypothesis that life is the missing 95 percent of the observable universe.

Most recent